Do or Don’t – DOSH
But is it worth it?
Does it pay what it says it pays?
What Is It?
DOSH is a free app that you can download and install on your phone. It is available on both Android and the Apple store and is free. It is similar to apps like Ibotta ReceiptHog, and Ebates. Think of it like a digital rewards card. But unlike other apps, there are no hoops to jump through, no receipts to take, nothing you have to do.
The premise – install, set up your account, link your cards you use, and enjoy the benefit of the rewards! Sounds simple enough.
It allows you to link your debit card, credit cards, etc. and promises it is secure and doesn’t save your card info. Of course, I don’t know how that is possible, since when I log in I see my cards listed (the last four digits only). But they promise your info is secure. Their Knowledge base says Dosh is fully PCI compliant.
What options do you have?
There are hundreds of thousands of participating companies advertising through DOSH and giving you cash back. You can shop online and earn, book hotels and earn, eat out and earn, etc. They say the cash back should appear in your wallet within 60 days of purchase, some being almost instant. The cash back timeline depends upon the merchant offering the reward.
In addition to the cash back and rewards, they also offer additional ways to earn money.
- You can refer businesses and if that business joins and advertises, you earn a percentage – up to 2% of their DOSH advertising fees for 2 years.
- You can refer your friends and family. If they sign up and link a card, you earn $5/referral. For the month of January 2018, this has been increased to $15/referral. But they must use your unique referral link to sign up.
- Shop local – shop as you normally would. If your purchase is done at a local merchant participating, you will receive a cash reward.
- Shop online – Browse the available merchants in the DOSH app, follow the links and shop.
- Eat out or book hotels through DOSH and earn.
I have now had the DOSH app on my phone for a week. I have shopped around town with my linked cards, my husband has shopped both online and off (though he does not have the app and didn’t follow online links, his cards ARE linked up). And I have had a few people say they signed up using my referral link. I posted the link to my social media accounts, but do not know if anyone signed up since I have over 10,000 followers between the various networks.
What am I seeing?
- My Dashboard/wallet shows that I linked 3 cards, while I actually linked 5. I got $5 for my first card, then $1 for 2 others.
- DOSH support reports that they are about 2-3 days behind on processing referrals payments. It has been 6 days since my friends reported signing up and I still see nothing.
- No access to set up bank account or transfer to PayPal. You cannot set up a bank or paypal transfer or donate your wallet balance to charity until after you reach $15.
Do or Don’t?
If you want to try it, be my guest. Your luck may be better than mine. But for me, I am a Don’t. I am not seeing payouts from it that justify me continuing to use it. There are plenty of online reviews from the past year or so, all praising it and saying they have seen results and earned decent money. But so far, I have $7 – not even enough for a payout.
If you sign up, please let me know! https://link.dosh.cash/YCLI/zKd4949zJJ
On the other hand, it doesn’t cost me anything or require me do anything other than the norm, so why delete it? I think I will save it on my phone for now and see if eventually it pays out. It may still be too soon to know for sure….